Even while there is a lot of unpleasantness — her mother and mother-in-law are still at odds, and her marriage is essentially ended — Summer Newman and Allison Lanier, who plays her, both have a lot to be happy about.
Happy Birthday, Allison Lanier!
And the reason for that is that she turned 33 today! She was born in North Carolina on August 4, 1990, making her a talented newcomer to daytime acting. Lanier relocated to New York City and finished a two-year performance school at the renowned William Esper Studio because she was determined to pursue a career in acting and modeling.
Lanier had a successful year in her career in 2017, earning her first acting credit as Megan in It Happened in L.A. and landing a recurring part on Red Oaks, an Amazon Prime comedy.
Later, Lanier played the roles of Bella in Fish Bone and Anna, a femme fatale, in Mia. On May 17, 2022, she made her Young and the Restless debut.
The character of Summer, last portrayed by Hunter King, was born on December 19, 2006, and by the time Samantha Bailey took over in 2009, she had aged significantly.
The once-banned character has evolved over the years, and ever since Lanier took on the role of Summer, she has been portrayed as (step)mother courage personified. Her dramas have included a near-fatal exposure to peanuts, a stint as an unrepentant cyberbully, and a Lolita-inspired plot that saw her pursue her mother’s boyfriend.
When she has free time, Lanier likes to go to flea markets, do interior design, help out at a local animal shelter, and express herself creatively. You can join Soap Hub in wishing Allison Lanier a very happy birthday by clicking on the link provided below.
- Coronation Street spoilers tonight: Drunk Simon in car smash with Sam
- Coronation Street icon claims ITV soap ‘in crisis’ as he addresses potential ‘return’
- Coronation Street actress Kate Ford’s famous ex, ‘painful’ health issue and link to The Beatles
- ITV Emmerdale’s Caleb Milligan ‘isn’t really a Dingle’ as fans spot horrifying DNA twist
- Coronation Street’s Daisy Midgeley unexpected exit ‘sealed’ after ultimate betrayal