EXCLUSIVE: EastEnders legend Nina Wadia has confessed that she was forced to turn down a fan who asked to have a photo while she was giving birth to her son Aidan
Telly star Nina Wadia has stated that she was asked for a selfie while giving birth.
A frantic fan approached the ex-EastEnders actress, 54, when she was giving birth to her son Aidan.
And the unusual request surprised her.
“The strangest place I’ve been recognized was when I was giving birth,” she told the Daily Star.
“They requested a selfie. It was a strange coincidence. It had an odd feeling about it. It was an uncommon time to inquire.
“It’s not a good thing to happen when you’re mid-delivery!”
She added: “My response was, ‘How about not now… maybe after’.”
Nina normally loves being recognised by fans.
The mum-of-two is best known for playing Zainab Masood on EastEnders.
Over the years she’s starred on classic comedies Goodness Gracious Me and Still Open All Hours.
She said: “I get recognised from EastEnders all the time.
“I love that the character was that special to people.
“It means something to me. I’m very happy about that.”
Nina is in good company though, as a number of other famous faces have been asked for selfies at very awkward moments.
One Direction star Niall Horan even confessed he was once asked for a photo with a fan while he was having a wee.
“That’s not even weird to me now. That’s how often it happens. Football games… [my] w***y’ is out… [I have to say], ‘Maybe outside’,” he said while speaking on The Jonathan Ross Show previously.
- General Hospital Spoilers: This Is Why Tracy Wanted Marty To Take A Seat At The ELQ Table
- General Hospital Spoilers: Tracy Set Lucy Up, And She’s About To Marty Helped
- Friday, September 1 spoilers for Young&Restless: Nikki tests Audra
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: Diane Can’t Take Drew’s Case — Because Sonny Wants Him In Lock-Up
- General Hospital Weekly Spoilers: Sonny is Arrested!