Matt Evans, who plays Theo Poulos on Home and Away, has claimed he can identify with a new plot line in which his character deals with the negative aspects of fame.
Theo, the lead vocalist for Lyrik, is portrayed by Evans, who is well-known for his time on The Voice Australia. The protagonist will learn that a fan of his band is actually a dangerous stalker in brand-new scenes for viewers in Australia (those in the UK will have to wait just a few weeks).
Speaking on his own fan experience, Evans remarked that learning he had a following was “so odd.”
He recalled thinking, “This is so bizarre,” just as he did (via Stuff).
He continued, “That was such a novel emotion, and I had to figure out what this new thing was.”
Evans also talked about how it affected him to having to play a musician who is being followed by a stalker.
“I immediately thought, “You know what, I’ve been here,” when I read the plot. Even though I’ve never had a stalker, I have definitely encountered the fan culture “says he.
The actor and singer called his followers “beautiful,” but he also made it clear he had a problem with one particular follower.
Because they had so many different accounts and kept emailing his friends and other people, he had to block one guy online.
At the time, handling it was difficult for me, but most people are really nice.
- General Hospital Spoilers: This Is Why Tracy Wanted Marty To Take A Seat At The ELQ Table
- General Hospital Spoilers: Tracy Set Lucy Up, And She’s About To Marty Helped
- Friday, September 1 spoilers for Young&Restless: Nikki tests Audra
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: Diane Can’t Take Drew’s Case — Because Sonny Wants Him In Lock-Up
- General Hospital Weekly Spoilers: Sonny is Arrested!