The fresh concept Nicola King (Nicola Wheeler) has for the Emmerdale village makes her incredibly happy. Samantha Giles as Bernice Blackstock? Not really.
A new bus stop is the proposed plan. The bus stop was built from pieces of shattered trees from the storm last year, Nicola says in this new video, despite the fact that it may appear to be a quite simple addition to the Dales.
In addition to serving as a moving memorial to Harriet (Katherine Dow Blyton) and Liv (Isobel Steele), who perished after a lightning strike struck Harriet’s quad bike and the wind caused a caravan to crush Liv’s body, Nicola is working to help safeguard the environment.
Nicola argues that Bernice should take centre stage because it was she and Bob (Tony Audenshaw) who planned the village clean-up last year, which infuriates Bernice.
Because Bernice is envious of Nicola’s conviction that what she is doing is beneficial to the community, Bernice announces that she will grab lunch from the store before storming (sorry) off in a rage.
The project’s inspiration, according to Head of Design Gillian Slight, was to “honour the fallen trees by ensuring that their wood was put to meaningful use after the storms.”
We commissioned Johnathon Sherwood, a remarkably gifted local wood sculptor, to create amazing sculptures out of storm debris. These intriguing works of art are now displayed at our recently built bus stop.
We intended to construct a special work of art that honours the village’s natural beauty rather than opting for a typical metal and glass structure. It is a symbol of uniqueness, and we hope it will continue to adorn our screens for years to come.
- Coronation Street spoilers tonight: Drunk Simon in car smash with Sam
- Coronation Street icon claims ITV soap ‘in crisis’ as he addresses potential ‘return’
- Coronation Street actress Kate Ford’s famous ex, ‘painful’ health issue and link to The Beatles
- ITV Emmerdale’s Caleb Milligan ‘isn’t really a Dingle’ as fans spot horrifying DNA twist
- Coronation Street’s Daisy Midgeley unexpected exit ‘sealed’ after ultimate betrayal