Every fan of General Hospital has their own thoughts about the show. We sat and watched the good, the terrible, and everything in between for five days, and now we’re here to provide you a quick recap, as well as a witty assessment, of the GH week that was.
A Critic’s Week In Review of General Hospital
Luke Spencer’s (Tony Geary) memorial service was a hoot if you ignore the extensive list of flaws…
But let’s focus on the drawbacks.
It’s a real shame that one of the three actors who played Lucky Spencer was not invited back to the show. Sky Quartermaine, played by Robin Christopher, and Ethan Lovett, played by Nathan Parson, are both excellent characters. Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst), Lucy Coe (Lynn Herring), and Kevin Collins (Jon Lindstrom) were nowhere to be seen. Curtis Ashford (Donnell Turner) was not a suitable replacement for the latter. (As a side note, is GH against Kevin showing up to support Laura? Is he ever there for her when she needs him the most?)
Why were flashbacks so scarce on General Hospital? Why did the majority of the action, like as the confrontation between Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard), Scott Baldwin (Kin Shriner), and Victor Cassadine (Charles Shaughnessy), take place so far away from The Haunted Star? Why weren’t we allowed to witness Scott’s promised/threatened event crash? Why tease us with the Ice Princess just to never reveal her?
What’s more, why did GH go to such lengths to make it all about Carson? As if Luke had given a damn if Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright) and Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard) were able to save their marriage.
- Did anybody else roll their eyes when Laura lamented the fact that Luke’s grandchildren will never get to meet him? Luke didn’t seem disturbed by the fact that he thought he had run over and killed one of them. He was never going to be Grandfather of the Year.
- Have Pat Spencer and Valerie Spencer been retconned out of existence on General Hospital? During her conversation with Carly, Bobbie Spencer (Jacklyn Zeman) made no mention of her older sister.
- Is it just me, or did Harrison Chase’s (Josh Swickard) demonization of Brook Lynn Quartermaine’s (Amanda Setton) character appear out of nowhere?
- I’d like to get invested in this whole who’s gaslighting Liz storyline, but it’s difficult to do so when I don’t know whether the General Hospital writers are as well.
- It’s probably a good thing Epiphany Johnson (Sonya Eddy) didn’t go into medicine since, despite being a fully qualified nurse, all she wanted to do when Marshall (Robert Gossett) collapsed was stand around and scream his name over and over.
- So, Anna Devane (Finola Hughes) is fine with Valentin Cassadine (James Patrick Stuart) retaliating against Brook Lynn as long as the retaliation isn’t excessive…