“The stuff I’m filming at the moment is pretty heavy.”
Ada Nicodemou, who plays Leah Patterson on Home and Away, has hinted at a darker plot for her character.
The actress has been a fixture on the program for 23 years, and she indicated in a new interview that the turmoil in Summer Bay is far from over.
“The stuff I’m filming at the moment is pretty heavy,” she told Today. “There will be some light at the end of the tunnel, but it will be a long road ahead.”
“And look, it’s not like every week is all dark, there has been some lightness,” Ada said.
“I’m fortunate that my character and James [Stewart’s] character get to do some light comedy stuff, and Theo… there’s a lot of laughs both on and off screen,” says the actor playing the lead character.
It appears like a while will pass before viewers can watch these moments because the drama usually films a few months before it airs.
Ada revealed her long-term ambitions for the soap opera last year, promising viewers that she would remain in Summer Bay.
“I genuinely like it here, and I’m pleased. Why would I leave such a terrific job when I have wonderful friends? she asked The West Australian. I’ve been doing it for so long that it has become a routine in my life. It’s a great lifestyle that I have managed to maintain: being a mother, a partner, and a worker.
The celebrity continued, “Yeah, there are long hours, and you have your challenging days, but overall, it’s a really fun job, working with people you enjoy working with, and I get to travel, go to great events like Telethon, and meet amazing people.”
- Coronation Street spoilers tonight: Drunk Simon in car smash with Sam
- Coronation Street icon claims ITV soap ‘in crisis’ as he addresses potential ‘return’
- Coronation Street actress Kate Ford’s famous ex, ‘painful’ health issue and link to The Beatles
- ITV Emmerdale’s Caleb Milligan ‘isn’t really a Dingle’ as fans spot horrifying DNA twist
- Coronation Street’s Daisy Midgeley unexpected exit ‘sealed’ after ultimate betrayal